Evinrude and Garmin Marine have partnered to create an integrated experience for consumers utilizing the Garmin navigation and sonar products with Evinrude E-TEC G2 engines.
This integrated software update (Version 2018.1219.1) will our allow mutual customers to access:
• Premium features for Evinrude E-TEC G2 including iTrim, iSteer, hand to foot throttle transfer, trim/tilt calibration, and one-touch auto-winterization • Custom Evinrude messages for the below engine functions:
• Fuel and oil levels
• Water in fuel, overheat, and other detailed engine messages, along with recovery action
• iDock system notifications are NOT available at this time via the software update. Evinrude iDock installations require a premium Evinrude display (Nautilus 3.5”, ICON 4.3”, ICON 7.0”).
Software update 2018.1219.1 ONLY applies to Garmin GPSMAP products that are currently equipped with version 14.10. Version 10.90 and lower will not be eligible for this update. Garmin echoMAP products are not included in this update and will see Evinrude integration later in calendar year 2019. A full list of compatible devices can be found at https://www8.garmin.com/support/note.jsp?id=8743. Again, please note devices without 14.10 distinction are not supported.
There are 3 different ways to access the software update through Garmin: 1. Download the update free of charge to a microSD/SD card (not available on Mac)
2. Purchase the software update on a pre-loaded microSD/SD card from Garmin
3. Download the update via the Garmin Active Captain Mobile Application and connect to display
Visit the Garmin software web landing for further information and installation instructions at https://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html
Thank you for your continued loyalty,
Your Evinrude Parts & Accessories Team